Almost everybody has experienced a headache or migraine. Although some experience headaches more frequently or severely than others, nobody looks forward to a headache or migraine. There are numerous ways to help with headaches. Many people choose to take over the counter pain killers, but these contain potentially harmful ingredients. Instead of using over the counter pain killers there are numerous techniques, nutritional habits, and natural products and remedies that can help.
One of the major triggers for migraines and headaches is poor sleep habits. People who experience frequent headaches and migraines should review their sleep patterns and make the necessary adjustments. Maintaining healthy sleep patterns can be one of the easiest ways to help with migraines. A study showed that just improving sleep habits can help to reduce chronic headaches to just episodic headaches. In just twelve weeks 58% of the subjects noticed a significant reduction in the frequency of their headaches.
There are also numerous techniques that can help. Some of these include:
- Deep breathing exercises may be a great way to help with headaches. Deep breathing can help to relax the body and lower stress levels, and it can help to release tension and improve the spirits.
- Cold or Hot Compresses can help with severe headaches. A cold compress can help to constrict the blood vessels and may help to reduce inflammation. Cold compresses can also help to numb painful areas on the head, neck, or back. Warm compresses can help with headaches caused by tension, because they help to relax the muscles. It is important to know what kind of headache the body is experiencing, because if a warm compress is applied to a headache caused by inflammation it can open the blood vessels and cause more inflammation.
- Massages may also be a great way to help with migraines. Studies have shown that a massage can help to reduce pain sensitivity and relieve tension. Unfortunately, the effects of a massage generally don’t last longer than 24 hours, but it can be a great way to get quick relief.
- Use a natural muscle relaxer to help ease tension and muscle spasm that may be causing the headache.
- Steam rooms can also help to relieve a headache if it’s sinus related. Steam rooms help to drain excess mucous from the sinuses and relieve pressure on the head.
Making nutritional changes can also help with headaches. One of the best ways to nutritionally help is to supply the body with magnesium. Researchers have found that people who suffer from migraines commonly have lower magnesium levels. Consuming 200-600 mg can help to reduce the risk of headaches, and it is important to take the right amount of magnesium. A physician should be consulted before increasing magnesium consumption, because too much magnesium can cause nausea, cramps, and diarrhea.
Fish oil supplements may also help to reduce the occurrence of migraines and other headaches. Fish oils contain the omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which may help to reduce prostaglandin levels and increase the levels of other anti-inflammatory substances in the body. By helping with inflammation within the body, fish oil supplements can also help with frequent headaches.
Natural products and remedies can also be a great way to help with headaches. Natural products use safe ingredients, and they don’t contain any potentially dangerous chemicals. One of the best all natural ways to help with headaches is
Relax Already. Relax Already provides the body with magnesium, and it also contains natural ingredients that can help to relieve tension, stress, and anxiety. Tension, stress, and anxiety are common triggers for migraines, so Relax Already helps headaches by addressing the root of the problem. Migraines can be accompanied by a sore and stiff neck, but Relax Already can help to reduce muscle pain and stiffness.
CryoDerm can also help with migraines and headaches. CryoDerm works similarly to a cold compress, and it is a topical analgesic. It is easily applied to the neck, and it provides a cold and calming feeling that can help to relieve tension. CryoDerm is fast acting – it takes only minutes to feel the effects – and it has been reported to last as long as eight hours.
MigraSpray is a natural spray that is administered under the tongue, and it can help to relieve migraines. MigraSpray is made of:
- Larch Agaric
Research on MigraSpray has shown that 88% of people who use it experience some form of relief.
Headaches and migraines can affect just about everybody. When dealing with frequent headaches it is essential to review sleeping patterns, because poor sleep is one of the leading causes. Also trying some of these techniques, nutritional advice, and natural products and remedies can help to bring relief to headaches and migraines.