Fundamental Chewable Probiotics for Children (and Adults, Too!)
Now, your kids can use the word “fun” to describe their chewable probiotic supplement because Fundamental Earth has just introduced their newest product, chewable probiotics. This probiotics supplement for children and adults offers 8 strains of probiotic organisms and 25 billion colony-forming unit (CFU) per serving, while other probiotic supplements only give you 1 or 2 strains and a few million CFU.
Probiotics for kids
But first, why all the buzz on probiotics for kids or adults? The key is healthy immune systems. While vitamins and minerals keep your immune system in good shape, probiotics make them even better. Probiotics are friendly bacteria that are normally found in your body. However, because of the prevalence of stressful lifestyles and unhealthy diets, your body may not have enough of these probiotics do their work. How exactly do probiotics help you?
Think of your immune system as your personal bodyguards that protect you from viruses and bacteria that constantly try to invade your body. Probiotics makes sure that your personal bodyguards are always alert for any sign of pathogens. Not only that, probiotics also stimulate the cells that are in charge of your immune responses called T-lymphocytes.
Stronger immune systems are a must, especially for kids who do not have well-developed immune systems. According to Dr. Sarah Brewer, children who are given their daily dose of probiotics are less likely to contract infectious diseases than those children who haven’t taken their probiotics. The same findings have been reported by the American Academy of Pediatrics. In their Pediatrics magazine December issue, the Academy has revealed that probiotics can treat viral diarrhea or antibiotic-induced diarrhea in children. Some evidence has also linked probiotics in preventing necrotizing enterocolitis or death of intestinal tissue in babies.
Adults, especially frequent travelers, can also benefit from probiotics. Probiotics can hinder the growth of bad bacteria, such as Salmonella, Shigella, and Clostridium in your intestines and leaving your stomach fortified from the onslaught of organisms from distant lands.
Eight Strains, Broad Protection
Aside from a healthier gut, here is a list of research that shows the benefits of the eight strains of probiotics:
- Anxiety reducer – An August 2011 study presented in the National Academy of Science research conference showed that lactobacillus rhamnosus, a probiotic strain in Fundamental Chewable Probiotics, have positive effects on anxiety in individuals.
- Gastrointestinal protection – The World Health Organization distinctly says that lactobacillus casei, another strain of probiotics, reduces the development of gastrointestinal bacteria.
- Chronic fatigue relief – A study from Sweden’s Lund University revealed that a probiotic strain called lactobacillus paracasei which are normally found in the mouth and rectal mucosa can alleviate chronic fatigue symptoms.
- Plaque prevention – Lactobacillus salivarius reduces the formation of five bacteria that causes dental plaque. This strain are normally found in the mouth and small intestines.
- Healthier digestive systems – Studies in mice show that Lactobacillus salivarius helped in stabilizing the digestive system after septic shock or the overwhelming infection that may contribute to low blood pressure. Another probiotic strain called bifidobacterium longum contributes to gastrointestinal tract health.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome treatment –Bifidobacterium infantis was used in treating the symptoms of IBS which afflicts 1 in 5 Americans.
- Kidney stone prevention – The same probiotic, Bifidobacterium infantis, can break down kidneys stones.
- Allergy development prevention- Bifidobacterium Breve stops harmful bacteria from forming inside the intestines by helping the body digest sugars to form lactic acid which in turn attacks bad bacteria. The normal formation of intestinal microflora protects you from forming allergies.
All these benefits are reachable just by chewing one tablet thirty minutes to an hour after you’ve eaten your meals. Chewable probiotics aren’t just for kids. If you’re an adult and hate swallowing pills, then a chewable probiotic supplement is for you.