It’s time to take advantage of Coenzyme Q10. This healthy compound has been utilized across the world and across the ages, proving that it is indeed effective in helping the human body to repair damaged cells and to be healthy. Discovered in 1957, Coenzyme Q10 plays an essential role in producing energy in the cells, as well as acting as an antioxidant. It has been widely used in Japan and Europe as an effective treatment for certain diseases.
Coenzyme Q10 is the single lipid-soluble antioxidant present in the body system. No other similar compound is synthesized within the system. It is present in almost every membrane of the body, with high concentrations on the brain, heart, liver, kidney, and muscles.Â However, as people reach their twenties, production of Coenzyme Q10 slows down, and there is a need to exert extra effort in making sure that the body maintains sufficient volume of the compound.
There are many benefits in taking Coenzyme Q10; there are more than five (5) in fact. The ones listed here however, are the best results one could get from making Coenzyme Q10 part of the daily diet:
- Coenzyme Q10 prevents aging.Â Symptoms of aging result from the decline of tissue metabolism, especially in the heart, liver and skeletal muscles. Recent studies show that prolonged intake of this compound decreases the effects of aging.
- Coenzyme Q10 helps in preventing heart and blood vessel diseases. The intake of this compound has been shown to reduce the occurrence of cardiovascular illnesses, as research studies conducted on both men and women reveal that Co Q10 inhibits the occurrence of Atherosclerosis and other similar diseases.
- Coenzyme Q10 improves athletic performance.Â Studies show that athletes and individuals who have consistently taken Co Q10 have shown an increased tolerance during exercise, although this has been highly noted only in individuals with metabolic disorders caused by dysfunctional DNA.
- Coenzyme Q10 is used as an effective treatment for hypertension and congestive heart failure. There have been many studies proving that Co Q10 stabilizes the blood level of hypertensive individuals. In addition to this, the compound also improves cardiac functions of patients with congestive plaques in their arteries..
- Coenzyme Q10 is absolutely safe and non-toxic. There have been no reports of this compound causing negative effects on the system, that even the intake of high dosages up to 1200 mg per day does not any pose any danger. However, there have been reports of side effects such as nausea, gastric discomfort, decreased appetite, diarrhea and heartburn. The simple solution for such symptoms is simply decreasing the Co-Q10 dosage.
This healthy compound may be sourced from different types of food. Primary sources include fish like tuna and salmon; organ meats like liver and heart; as well as whole grains.Â However, for healthy doses of Co Q10, there is a need to rely on oral supplements.
Contrary to public perception, CoQ10 is not merely a beauty compound responsible for making women look younger. It works to make the whole system healthy. CoQ10 is truly a compound that’s worth including in one’s daily diet.